Straight/Box Truck Driver Training - Classroom
What is Coaching the Straight Truck Driver 2?
- A classroom straight/box truck driver safety training course
- Proven discussion and participation based "Coaching" method of training
- Key defensive driving concepts including: truck inspection, SCC (Scanning, Cushion of Safety, Communicating), Situational Driving inlcuding: delivery situations, city/urban driving, backing, other special considerations
- Video presentation featuring driver point of view and situational driving
Why use Straight Truck 2?
- Collision prevention and reduction
- Risk management and liability protection
- Onboarding training for new hires and refresher training for experienced operators
- Insurance reduction (contact your insurance agent)
- Compliments and expands upon concepts taught in CDL training
How does Straight Truck 2 work?
- For our straight truck driver safety training, instructors use the fully scripted Instructor’s Guide to conduct step-by-step class presentations that include video, follow-up questions, traffic diagram analysis, and group discussion, and administer the final test and practical evaluation
- The training takes 3-4 hours to complete
- Each instructor needs an instructor kit to implement the training
- Each student needs one Response Book to write answers to session questions, and analyze situations for group discussion
- Each response book contains a certificate of completion, to be signed and issued by the instructor conducting the training