School Bus Driver Training
What is Coaching the School Bus Driver 2?
- A classroom school bus driver safety training course
- Proven discussion and participation based "Coaching" method of training
- Key defensive driving concepts including: vehicle inspection and characteristics, SCC (Scanning, Cushion of Safety, Communicating), Situational Driving, and other special considerations such as backing, bus stop procedures, driving in adverse weather, field trips, railroad crossings, and driver/student interactions.
- Video presentation featuring driver point of view and situational driving
Why use Coaching the School Bus Driver 2?
- Collision prevention and reduction
- Risk management and liability protection
- Onboarding training for new hires and refresher training for experienced operators
- Compliments and expands upon concepts taught in CDL training
How does Coaching the School Bus Driver 2 work?
- For our school bus driver safety training, instructors use the fully scripted Instructor’s Guide to conduct step-by-step class presentations that include video, follow-up questions, traffic diagram analysis, and group discussion, and administer the final test and practical evaluation
- The training takes 4-6 hours to complete
- Each instructor needs an instructor kit to implement the training
- Each student needs one Response Book to write answers to session questions, and analyze situations for group discussion
- Each response book contains a certificate of completion, to be signed and issued by the instructor conducting the training