Fire Truck Driver Training Course - Classroom
What is CEVO 4: Fire?
- A classroom Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) for fire apparatus operators
- Proven discussion and participation based “Coaching” method of training
- Key defensive driving concepts including: vehicle inspection and characteristics, SCC (Scanning, Cushion of Safety, Communicating), emergency and non-emergency driving in various environments, and other special considerations such as backing and driving in adverse weather
- Maneuvering Skills (cone course exercises and on-the-road observations)
- Video presentation featuring operator point of view and dashcam footage (available on DVD, USB, or streaming)
Why use CEVO 4: Fire?
- Collision prevention and reduction
- Risk management and liability protection
- Onboarding training for new hires and refresher training for experienced operators
- Compliments and works well with NFPA standards
- Over 1 million apparatus operators trained worldwide since 1998
How does CEVO 4: Fire work?
- For our fire truck driver course, instructors use the fully scripted Instructor’s Guide to conduct step-by-step class presentations that include video, follow-up questions, traffic diagram analysis, and group discussion
- The training takes 4-6 hours to complete
- Each instructor needs an instructor kit to implement the training
- Each student needs one Response Book to write answers to session questions, analyze situations for group discussion, and complete the final test and answer sheet - which will be mailed in for grading
- A computer-scored Final Test (included in the Response Book) is sent to Coaching Systems for grading – those who score 80% or higher receive a CEVO certificate and a CEVO Fire recognition patch (at no additional cost)